In-Center Hemodialysis is when a person comes to the dialysis center for their treatments. These treatments are done three days a week, Mon., Wed., Fri. or Tues., Thurs., Sat., and last for three to four hours each day. At FSRDC, we make every effort to accommodate our patients with a schedule that works best for them.
Benefits of coming to the dialysis center for treatment:
- Treatments are administered by trained nurses and technicians. You can sit back and relax and know that you are in good hands.
- All of your treatments, labs and visits with your nephrologist are done in one place.
- You can spend your time on dialysis doing some reading, working on your computer, watching TV or just resting.
- You can visit with others just like you - knowing you’re not alone and having others to encourage you can be comforting.
How you can get the best results from your dialysis treatments:
- Commit 100% to your treatment time: 3 times a week for the full time prescribed by your doctor.
- Stay for the full session. Stopping even 5 minutes early makes dialysis less effective and has a negative impact on your health.